Tuesday, July 15, 2008

TIME DOES NOT FLY WHEN YOU ARE NOT HAVING FUN!

I can't believe that it's been nearly 4 months since I started this. It's been crazy at my house and I haven't had much time to write, or even stop by my friends sites.

So to update you:

My mom was diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA, which is Cancer of the plasma cells. That has been really tough for me to stomach. I went down a few weeks ago to help take care of her, but J & the kids weren't able to go (she has to be in a fairly "germ-free" environment), so it was hard being so alone there. My sister does live next door to them, so that was nice to go over there every once in a while and "get away". Her first set of chemo didn't take. They are now trying a more "aggressive" chemo, which makes her tired and sick. Not as sick as the cancer, but still sick and anxious. I'm having to get used to her personality change. She is such a Godly woman, that to see her in pain and suffering is really sad!

I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago. You know that verse in Bible, "God will not give you more than you can handle" (somewhere in 1 Cor. I believe)? I'm starting to wonder. This came just 6 weeks after receiving the cancer diagnosis from my mom. It has been tough and scary and trying...but I'm finally seeing the light! I think...

Financially we are strapped and we haven't spoken to my in-laws in 6 months. Things are just so slow around here and stressful. But I'm seeing that God is getting us thru. J went to work yesterday, feeling the presence of the Lord with him all day. The only presence I felt, were my kids...but that is because I'm not open like I should be. I've just picked up my Beth Moore Study on David again. It's good. I can stomach David better than I can Job (which was our lesson in Sunday School this weekend). I love David. I always have...he just understands me, or I understand him. Whichever, when I read him, I don't feel so alone!

1 comment:

The "W" Family said...

Hey!
Nice to "meet" you. My mil did tell me about you all and had said that she gave your our blog site. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think I have most of our story under Anker on our labels. If you ever want to chat,my email is cwilson34@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for stopping by!
Catherine